Alliant Health Solutions, Inc.
Alliant Health Group is a family of companies that provides professional services supporting the effective administration of healthcare programs and funding to support healthcare improvement initiatives. Alliant Health Solutions provides Federal and state government entities with the services, expertise and information systems necessary to increase the effectiveness, accessibility and value of health care. For the 12th time in 15 years, Alliant Health Solutions (AHS),has been named one of the "2023 Best Places to Work” by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Alliant was also named one of the "2023 Healthiest Employers” for the third consecutive year.
The Mental Health Improvement Advisor (Behavioral Specialist) is responsible for outreach, technical assistance, and training coordination for providers in nursing facilities, and will not work directly with nursing home residents. The topics include mental health, substance use, and recovery services in nursing facilities that serve individuals with serious mental illness (SMI) , substance use disorders (SUD) and co-occurring disorders (COD). This engagement will influence positive change within nursing facilities to provide for improved care, safety and well-being of residents with mental health, substance use and co-occurring disorders. This position is a grant funded assignment ending September 29, 2025.
This position is remote, the candidate must be located in Delaware.
In this role, the ideal candidate will:
- Engage, improve, and advance mental health and substance use services in long-term care facilities in assigned regions
- Conduct outreach to nursing facilities to initiate engagement with COE-NF program and services.
- Assess, coach and guide nursing home facilities with quality improvement methodology that is data driven
- Network, develop and maintain relationships with nursing facilities through the end of the improvement initiative
- Facilitate training and respond to training inquiries received through the COE-NF channels
- Answer incoming calls received from the COE-NF call center
- Respond to consultations for technical assistance from nursing facilities within specified time frames
- Engage state, local, national and federal organizations to promote the work of the COE-NF
- Collaborate with Program Manager and Category Subject Matter Experts, to coordinate trainings and provide technical assistance
- Complete written reports of consultation results and interventions
- Practice rapid cycle improvement techniques in daily work
- Monitor and track timely data entry (within 48 hours) within designated Alliant Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or CMS system to document technical assistance/trainings and consultations with long term care facility and community outreach.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Behaves in a customer-service oriented and positive manner with internal and external customers, at all levels of the organization
- Ensure quality work and always improve work product and services
- Adhere to department and company policies and procedures, and compliance programs
- Travel Required up to (20%)
- Perform other tasks, projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this role include:
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the field of substance use and/or mental health services
- Knowledge and awareness of mental health and/or substance use evidenced-based best practices and emerging trends
- Ability to create and maintain critical relationships with organizations and work to improve and enhance substance use treatment processes
- Knowledge and experience with quality improvement methodology
- Knowledge and experience with using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Internet browsers
- Ability to interpret data
- Experience in group facilitation and presentations
- Ability to express ideas and convey information quickly and effectively in a verbal and written manner.
- Ability to think creatively, analyze problems, and find innovative approaches to problem resolution.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision, yet able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented and self-directed, with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information, work well with individuals at all levels, and be flexible in work assignments
- Ability to travel as needed by driving in a car or flying on an airplane to company and customer locations as needed or required
Education, experience and training required and preferred for the position are below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science or other related discipline or
- Certified substance use or mental health credential in state of residence
- Minimum of five (5) years of mental health and/or substance use experience
- Master's degree in public health, nursing, health care administration, public policy, or any other related field
- Five (5) years of working in a nursing home or long-term care setting
- Six sigma or project coordination/management training
Alliant offers work/life balance and great benefits including medical, dental life, disability, paid-time off, retirement with match and contribution, disability, employee assistance program, parental life, and more. If interested, click the apply icon above to apply.
Alliant Health Group ("the Company) is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. In compliance with the American's with Disability Act (ADA) and Amendments Act (ADAAA), all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternative method for you to apply. Please contact 678-527-3000.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :